by Erik Flannigan, Bruce Springsteen Archivist
More classic Bruce Springsteen concerts come to nugs.net this August with the arrival of Long Branch, the third of five monthly drops bringing Bruce’s Live Archive catalog to the streaming platform.
Long Branch adds 33 concerts circa 1980 to 2017, starting with six extraordinary nights on the 1980-81 River tour. These include Bruce and the E Street Band’s famed three-show stand at Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, NY, culminating with a 38-song set on New Year’s Eve 12/31/80. From Summer ‘81, there are striking performances at Wembley Arena in London on June 5 and Brendan Byrne Arena in E. Rutherford, NJ on July 9.
The Long Branch drop also showcases five gigs from 2009’s Working On A Dream tour, including three special sets that featured full-album performances of The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle (Madison Square Garden 11/7/09), The River (MSG 11/8/09) and Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ (Buffalo 11/22/09). The 2012-13 Wrecking Ball tour is represented by eight concerts, including tour kickoff at the legendary Apollo Theater in Harlem, March 9, 2012; a birthday special at MetLife stadium September 22, 2012 (which didn’t end until the wee hours of September 23, Bruce’s actual birthday); and the Springsteen’s longest concert ever at Olympiastadion in Helsinki, Finland on July 31, 2012, which lasted over four hours. Long Branch wraps with Australia/New Zealand 2017, the E Street Band’s last 14 shows to date ahead of their return to arenas and stadiums in 2023.
- “Stolen Car” Nassau Coliseum, December 28, 1980
- “Point Blank” Nassau Coliseum, December 29, 1980
- “Night” Nassau Coliseum, December 31, 1980
- “Follow That Dream” Wembley Arena, June 5, 1981
- “Loose Ends” Wachovia Spectrum, October 20, 2009
- “New York City Serenade” Madison Square Garden, November 7, 2009
- “Restless Nights” HSBC Arena, November 22, 2009
- “The E Street Shuffle” Apollo Theater, March 9, 2012
- “Frankie” Ullevi, July 28, 2012
- “Be True” Olympiastadion, July 31, 2012
- “Secret Garden” First Direct Arena, July 24, 2013
- “My Love Will Not Let You Down” Perth Arena, January 25, 2017
- “This Hard Land” AAMI Park, February 4, 2017
- “Long Time Comin’” Brisbane Entertainment Centre, February 16, 2017
- “None But The Brave” Hope Estate Winery, February 18, 2017
Note: These concerts are only available to U.S. and Canada subscribers, and can be streamed now with a free trial to nugs.net.
Erik Flannigan is a music archivist, producer, author and manager. He has been writing about Bruce Springsteen’s live performances and recordings for more than 30 years.
Learn more about the previous exclusive Bruce Springsteen audio drops
For audiophiles, we also offer a HiFi tier that allows you to enjoy 24-bit MQA streaming, as well as select Springsteen recordings in immersive 360 Reality Audio. Start your free trial and delve in.