Bruce Hornsby & The Noisemakers
Dagle's Choice, Volume 2
Stream This Artist
- Paid subscribers save 15% on Livestreams, CDs, and Downloads
- Exclusive live audio & video recordings
- Premium soundboard quality
Greetings everyone. It was great to see the enthusiasm for Volume 1 so here is the follow up. I mainly picked songs that I think go well together and could have been a set. Since it isn't apparent what shows these songs are from I've decided to include a short list (I assume that once you download them they will be tagged with the specific show and date).
1. I Truly Understand - NYC 09|26|09. A really nice solo piano version showcasing his love of this traditional folk song.
2. This Too Shall Pass - DETROIT MI 10|30|09. It's always been one of my favorite songs. I love the mood and it goes to some really interesting melodic areas.
3. Talk of the Town - MUNHAL PA 10|11|09. This song always has a good chance for getting into something completely new. From a great show in an old church outside of PIttsburgh.
4. Big Stick - INDIANAPOLIS IN 10|29|09. I'm a sucker for this kind of rhythm guitar playing. I always try to make this song kick butt for the audience.
5. Defenders of the Flag - GREAT BARRINGTON MA 10|06|09. More guitar love. Plus Bruce is usually pretty entertaining on this one. I think it has something to do with not having to concentrate so hard on his "bootleg" accordian playing and just having fun singing.
6. Invisible - BRIDGEPORT CT 10|02|09. This song has been around for a lot longer than most people know. It's another one of this songs that just hits me right. I guess I'm showing my weakness for good pop music. It's nice to have this one out there for everyone to enjoy.
7. Spider Fingers - PEEKSKILL NY 07|31|09. This version has a great middle section with a little "Superfreak" and "Tightin Up". This song kind of defines the band in many ways for me.
8. Rainbows Cadillac - RICHMOND VA 10|03|09. This is a fun version with a nice long "Backhand" intro from a show at the National Theater in Richmond. It's really one of my favorite venues in the country. There are some great moments from this show.
9. Here We Are Again > End of the Innocence - BOSTON MA 9|27|09. 7 1/2 minutes of melodic, ethereal good stuff. Like "This Too Shall Pass", "Sticks and Stones", I really enjoy this side of Bruce.
10. Mandolin Rain > Black Muddy River - PORTSMOUTH NH 09|29|09. I know it's been around for a while but I truly love this combo. See if you can tell where Bruce is holding back a chuckle. I'll give you a hint - it's very exposed.
More "choice" songs to follow. Please check back every week or so.