Mar 3, 2010
Stream This Show
- Professionally mixed soundboard audio
- Full-concert video archives available on-demand
- Complimentary exclusive livestreams
- Discounts on paid livestreams, CDs, and Downloads
* This was the 129th show on the World Magnetic Tour and the 10th performance in 2010.
* This was the first time that Metallica performed in Monterrey.
* This was the fifth time in a year that Metallica performed in Mexico.
* This was the first time in eight months that The Thing That Should Not Be was performed. It was last played on July 28, 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Thing That Should Not Be was only performed 3 times in 2009 and 4 times in 2008. It has also not appeared as the third song in the set in a year and a half. It was last played that early on September 15, 2008 in London, England.
* This was the first performance of The Shortest Straw in 2010. It was last played on December 10, 2009 in Anaheim, CA. The Shortest Straw was only played six times in 2009 after being brought back into the set after a 12-year absence.
* This was the third performance of Welcome Home (Sanitarium) in 2010. It was last played on January 31, 2010 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
* This was the third performance of My Apocalypse in 2010. It was last played on January 31, 2010 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. My Apocalypse has only been performed 28 times.
* This was the second performance of Damage, Inc. in 2010. It was last played on January 24, 2010 in Cordoba, Argentina.
* This was the second performance of the Diamond Head classic Am I Evil? in 2010. It was last performed on January 19, 2010. Am I Evil? has been played well over 650 times since 1982.
* Metallica performed 18 songs tonight from 8 different albums: Kill ‘Em All (2 songs), Ride the Lightning (1 song), Master of Puppets (4 songs), ...And Justice for All (2 song), The Black Album (3 songs), Re-Load (1 song), Garage, Inc. (1 song), and Death Magnetic (4 songs)
Setlist at Estadio Universitario, Monterrey, MEX on Mar 3, 2010
Start a free trial now to get unlimited streaming of professionally mixed audio and high-quality video. Paid subscribers get access to exclusive livestreams and more.