Oct 1, 1978
Stream This Show
- Professionally mixed soundboard audio
- Full-concert video archives available on-demand
- Complimentary exclusive livestreams
- Discounts on paid livestreams, CDs, and Downloads
Buy Full Show
- Bruce Springsteen - Lead vocals, guitar, harmonica; Roy Bittan - Piano, backing vocal; Clarence Clemons - Tenor and baritone saxophones, percussion, backing vocal; Danny Federici - Organ, glockenspiel; Garry Tallent - Bass, backing vocal; Stevie Van Zandt - Guitar, backing vocal; Max Weinberg - Drums
- Recorded live with the Record Plant Remote Truck by David Hewitt and Phil Gitomer
- Two-inch, 24-track analog master reels transferred by Jamie Howarth, Plangent Processes via Sonicraft, Freehold, NJ
- Mixed by Jon Altschiller; Additional engineering by Danielle Warman
- Mastered to DSD and PCM by Adam Ayan at Gateway Mastering, Portland, ME
- Post Production by Brad Serling and Micah Gordon
- Art Design by Michelle Holme
- Cover Photo by Pjay Pluzter
- Tour Director: George Travis
- Jon Landau Management: Jon Landau, Barbara Carr, Jan Stabile, Alison Oscar
- HD files are 24 bit/192kHz; Audiophile DSD files are DSD128 (“Double DSD”)
- Read essay by Erik Flannigan
Matty G. — 7/13/2023 6:52:57 PM
"I’ve listened to the 9/30/78 show for decades and always considered it to be the best of the tour. This one may be even better ! The band playing like their lives depended on it. Bruce in absolute top form. Don’t ever let anyone say he couldn’t sing, and the best lead guitar he ever played. If you don’t like this you don’t like rock and roll. Essential."
Adam — 6/3/2023 8:15:33 PM
"Hands down one of the best shows of the entire Bruce archive series. It is absolute fire from beginning to end!!! "
Tom T — 11/20/2022 6:36:53 AM
"This has to be added to the list of top shows from the ‘78 tour! Absolutely fabulous renditions of Prove It All Night, The Promised Land, well pretty much every song is performed like it’s the “last time” they will ever be performed. They were under the impression this was the last show of the tour and they played their souls out! I have about 40 shows from the tour and saw him in Chicago in ‘78 and for me, this one goes to the top of the list. Plus the recording is excellent. No matter how many shows you have, thus is a must have!"
Mike Hatler — 10/9/2022 12:44:11 PM
"I can’t thank everybody involved enough for releasing this show A 78 Bruce show that has never seen the light of day! Setlist is so unique for the tour. I love the little piano intro to Thunder Road and Bruce talking about the dude he met the night before. I can go on and on but this is just a fabulous show and such a treat! Thank you again."
Setlist at Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA on Oct 1, 1978
Start a free trial now to get unlimited streaming of professionally mixed audio and high-quality video. Paid subscribers get access to exclusive livestreams and more.