Quebec City, QC
Nov 1, 2009
Stream This Show
- Professionally mixed soundboard audio
- Full-concert video archives available on-demand
- Complimentary exclusive livestreams
- Discounts on paid livestreams, CDs, and Downloads
* This was the 108th show on the World Magnetic Tour and the 82nd performance in 2009.
* This was the 11th time that Metallica played in the Quebec City.
* The last time Metallica played three consecutive shows in a row was during the Summer Sanitarium Tour in 2003. They played in Denver on August 1, Houston on August 2, and Dallas on August 3.
* This was the second show over two nights in Quebec City. Prior to last night’s performance, it had been five years since Metallica performed in Quebec City. You can download a copy of last night’s show here.
* Prior to last night’s performance, Metallica last performed in Quebec City on October 14 & 15, 2004 during the Madly in Anger With the World Tour. You can download a copy of October 14th here and October 15th here.
* Metallica first performed in Quebec City on January 17, 1985 during the Ride the Lightning Tour.
* In addition to the Ride the Lightning and Madly in Anger... Tours, Metallica also performed in Quebec City on the Master of Puppets Tour (December 5, 1986), the Damaged Justice Tour (April 10, 1989), the Wherever We May Roam Tour (November 19, 1991), the Summer Shit Tour (June 3, 1994), the Lollapalooza Tour (June 7, 1996) and the Poor Touring Me Tour (March 29, 1997).
* This was the first time that the band covered Sweet Savage’s Killing Time in Quebec City.
* This was the 17th time that Killing Time has been played live since debuting during Metallica’s first show on March 14, 1982.
* This was the second time that Killing Time was performed on this leg of the North American Tour.
* This was the third time that The Four Horsemen was performed in Quebec City. It was last played here on October 15, 2004.
* This was also the third performance of The Four Horsemen on this leg of the North American Tour. It was last played on October 18, 2004 in Charlotte, NC.
* This was the first time that The Shortest Straw was performed in Quebec City.
* The Shortest Straw has been performed four times on this leg of the North American Tour so far. It was last performed on October 15, 2009.
* This was the fourth time that My Apocalypse was played on this leg of the North American Tour. It was last performed on October 27, 2009 in Toronto, Canada.
* This was the fifth time that The Judas Kiss was performed in North America. It was last performed on October 27, 2009 in Toronto, Canada.
* This was the fifth time that Battery has been played on this leg of the North American Tour. It was last played on October 3, 2009 in Tampa, FL.
* Despite being played six times in Quebec City, it has been over 13 years since Whiplash was played here. It was last played in Quebec City during the Lollapalooza Tour on June 7, 1996.
* Metallica performed 18 songs tonight from 6 different albums: Kill 'Em All (3 songs), Master of Puppets (3 songs), ...And Justice for All (2 song), The Black Album (3 songs), Garage, Inc. (1 songs), and Death Magnetic (6 songs)
* Metallica played 4 songs for the first time in Quebec City: The Shortest Straw, My Apocalypse, The Judas Kiss, and Killing Time
* Metallica played 4 songs that have been played once before in Quebec City: That Was Just Your Life, The End of the Line, Broken, Beat & Scarred, and The Day That Never Comes
* Metallica played 10 songs that have been played multiple times Quebec City: The Four Horsemen (4 times), One (8 times), Sad But True (7 times), Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (5 times), Master of Puppets (9 times), Battery (4 times), Nothing Else Matters (6 times), Enter Sandman (7 times), Whiplash (6 times) and Seek & Destroy (8 times)
Setlist at Colisee Pepsi, Quebec City, QC on Nov 1, 2009
Start a free trial now to get unlimited streaming of professionally mixed audio and high-quality video. Paid subscribers get access to exclusive livestreams and more.