Dec 5, 2001
Stream This Show
- Professionally mixed soundboard audio
- Full-concert video archives available on-demand
- Complimentary exclusive livestreams
- Discounts on paid livestreams, CDs, and Downloads
- The thing about seeing the Biscuits in that era is that you just never know when they're gonna come out and crush it when you least expect it. Cat's Cradle is an old rock club located just down the street from UNC at Chapel Hill where the band only played at twice. Wasn't a big crowd nor were there any high expectations by most in attendence. Set 1 features a sick Overture > M.E.M.P.H.I.S. > Overture but the 2nd set is when things really get serious. The Reactor > Crickets is some of the most explosive playing I've ever heard from this band. Until that night at the Fillmore on 2-6-2016, this was my favorite version of Crickets. Sammy aggressively takes over this jam, forcing the band up to a tempo around 225 beats per minute during the Crickets peak and then the ridiculous 2nd jam that he just flat out destroys. This was Fall 2001 at its finest. They crushed it for the entire set right on through to the Mr. Don-core.
Dr Brownswaggar — 12/5/2021 8:08:45 PM
"It was 20 yeas ago today.. this show fuggin rocked. Crix > Reactor is that good good "
Setlist at Cat's Cradle, Carrboro, NC on Dec 5, 2001
Start a free trial now to get unlimited streaming of professionally mixed audio and high-quality video. Paid subscribers get access to exclusive livestreams and more.