Terrapin Station [Expanded]
Stream This Artist
Start your 7-day free trial to stream official concert audio and high-quality video recordings. Subscribers get:
- Professionally mixed soundboard audio
- Full-concert video archives available on-demand
- Complimentary exclusive livestreams
- Discounts on paid livestreams, CDs, and Downloads
- Terrapin Station - Grateful Dead (Arista AL 7001) Released on July 27, 1977.
- Samson And Delilah is based on an old spiritual, and played in a style close to that of Reverend Gary Davis's.
- Sunrise was written by Donna Jean Godchaux.
- One of the songs from the "Terrapin" suite, Equinox, by Phil Lesh and Robert Hunter, with Garcia on lead vocals, was recorded but not released on the album, as there was not enough room on that side of the record to include it. Equinox is available in the Expanded Edition.
- Mickey Hart's timbale solo on Terrapin Flyer was erased by Keith Olsen and replaced with strings.
- Passenger by Phil Lesh, was inspired by "Station Man" by Fleetwood Mac ("Kiln House", released September 18, 1970); the tempo has been sped up and it has some different chord
- Garcia's unique guitar sound on Estimated Prophet was achieved by utilizing an envelope filter.
- Some vinyl pressings include various engravings in the run out area, such as "Kendum III" (usually on both sides of the recording), "If it rolls sink it", "Poco" with a heart shape, and "Where do you keep your stereo Jer?".
- (notes excerpted with permission from "The Compleat Grateful Dead Discography" by Ihor Slabicky)
Estimated Prophet 337
Dancin' In The Streets 199
Samson And Delilah 209
Terrapin Station Medley: Part 1: Lady with a Fan, Terrapin Station, Terrapin, Terrapin Transit, At A Dising, Terrapin Flyer & Refrain 990
The Ascent 119
Catfish John 284
Fire On The Mountain 386
Dancin' In The Streets 978
Start a free trial now to get unlimited streaming of professionally mixed audio and high-quality video. Paid subscribers get access to exclusive livestreams and more.